Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The less you know about some things... the better

When I was a young college intern at General Motors I used to play tennis with a group of guys after work. After tennis we would sit on my friends back porch and he would bring us frosty glasses of draft beer from the keg in his garage. Seemed great, life was good. Then one day I wanted another beer and I volunteered to get it myself. I grabbed a fresh glass from the freezer and poured myself a cold one. I asked him what to do with my used glass and he said to put it on the towel on top of the fridge. I figured he washed them later. Then one day as I was leaving, I saw him put the used glasses on the towel directly back into the freezer.

I can apply this metaphor to many situations I have encountered in life. You are fat dumb and happy until you realize your drinking frozen backwash swill from dozens of other people.

So what have I learned..... As the saying on the best beer I have ever tasted goes.. Drink from the Can!

No comments: