Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Haggler

There is this great NY Times column entitled "The Haggler". Basically the guy asks readers to send in experiences in which they have been ripped off or annoyed by some company. Well, here is my haggle of the day, its called "We are approaching Technology paralysis". and I emphasize this really happened!

I wanted to call my uncle in England, so I use my skype account, the connection was horrible, so I tried my google voice account. My Java Plug in was out of date, so I had to upgrade that. Then I had to add some funds to my google voice account using my credit card, at which point my credit card company thought it was a suspicious charge and called me on my cell phone, at which point I had to log into my credit card account online, which required me to verify my identity by typing in a security code, which was sent to me via text message. Whew! I am really yearning to go back to that old landline where when you wanted to call someone you just picked up the phone and dialed.

No comments: