Search This Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Scary Noises

As my wife says I make loud noises. Now before you get too imaginative, let me explain.
1) Tiger sinks a putt to win the US Open. I scream and shout for joy.
2) Windows crashes (which is a lot). I yell a curse
3) Pinch my finger in pliers. I cuss again. Not bad ones mind you, no matter what you hear from my kids.
4) Break my rib in two, I yell loud enough for my friend to hear me 1/2 mile away.
5) Tear every ligament in my knee (except the ACL), I scream loud enough that people start dialing 911 right away. These are safety features

So when I had the chest tube put in with only a local anesthesia, the surgeon, and everyone in the room jumped back about 2 feet when I screamed, after they shoved the tube into my chest. They said I scared them. What? these people deal with drug overdoses, shooting victims, car crashes and I scare them with my blood curtling shrieks. My wife is right.

No comments: